Welcome to 2017

Hello 3/4F,

Welcome to the new school year. I hope you have enjoyed the holidays and are ready to get back into lots of interesting work.

This term we are learning about geography. Our unit topic is, ‘Where in the world is Australia?’ Can you find Australia on a world map or a globe? What country is our nearest neighbour? See if you can find out and come and share it with me at school. We are going to have some fun learning how to read maps and follow directions. We are also going to find out what it would be like to be a Grade 3 or 4 student in another country.

Term 1 is also swimming term for Grade 3/4. We will be going swimming every day for 2 weeks. By the end of your lessons, you will all be swimming like fish. 🙂

This term, we are also going to start the Daily 5. These are 5 activities we will do everyday to improve our reading and writing. I am really looking forward to teaching you all about it.

Last thing, have a think about your favourite activity over the holidays. What was it? Who did you do it with? Most importantly, how did it make you feel? You will be writing about it in our first few days back at school.

See you soon in 3/4F.

Mrs Foley

2 thoughts on “Welcome to 2017